Saturday, January 27, 2007

Photo Of Stuck APCs

Click On The Image To Enlarge %

I remember them reassigning me for my last month in RVN. They placed me in The 4th Division Exploitation Platoon. We were air mobile and we had 6 Armored Personnel Carriers. Our primary job was to plant and extract our Long Range Recons Patrols (LRRPS) from our Main Division Base Camp and flying various missions. I remember one of our duties was to fly on the road patrol between our Home Base Camp (Pleiku) and Dak To. On these missions the Chopper Pilot would stop @ every bridge so we could check them for mines.
I remember this photo was took by me during one our LRRP extraction when we got all 6 of our APCs stuck in a Rice Patty. We call to call in for Vehicle Track Retriever (VTR) to come to our rescue.

No comments: