Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Photo of Bobby Ray Tabrons name on the Viet Nam Wall

Click On The Image To Enlarge %

This is a photo of Bobby Ray Tabrons name on the Viet Nam Wall. I wasn't as close to Bobby as I was to Stanley W Dix because he was a replacement to my unit. He didn't go over with us to Viet Nam but joined sometime later as a replacement to us. All that I can remember is that he adjusted to us very quickly. He was a Black Kid but the color of his skin didn't matter to us because we were all brothers. I still remember the day he was killed by the NVA. I remember I was one of four people that had to carry him up this steep mountain side to the LZ for his chopper medivac. I remember that we could only carry him just a few feet before we had to stop and rest a spell. As I think back on that day the words to the song come back to me. HE AIN'T HEAVY, HE'S MY BROTHER.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.