Sunday, July 27, 2008

Taking Sniper Fire

TAKING SNIPER FIRE
I remember distinctly taking my camera out to take a photo of the Rice Patty that we crossing in single file. Then all of a sudden we started taking Sniper Fire from the treeline ahead of us. It was an often harassing tactic to take long range sniper shots of us while we were out in the open. I still remember us having to go DOUBLE TIME (Running) at our enemy and as usual they were gone when we got to the treeline. You know what? After all of the commotion was over, I discovered that I had lost my most prized possession to the Rice Patty while running at the enemy after the incident. I had lost my BOWIE KNIFE. All that I had was an empty Knife Sheath.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing these pictures.

Thanks you for Serving and Welcome Home!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your stories and pictures. And most of all, thank you for serving!