Thursday, January 25, 2007

Photo of Cpt.Tony Colburn (THE ROYAL PINEAPPLE)

Click On The Image To Enlarge %

This is a rare photo (sorry for it's quality) of our company commander Cpt. Tony Colburn (Nickname The Pinapple) picking & grinning for us. The date was ?? maybe May of 1966, place was Vancouver, Wa. while we were on maneuvers. I suppose that it was times like these that molded us into a fine tuned fighting machine. I know only a percentage of the total # of troops were as fortunate as we were. We trained together for 8 months before we all loaded up on the same ship for our trip to the RVN.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Number 1: Thank you for your service and welcome home.
I served as a crew chief with the 170th in 1969. I was immediately caught by your photo of one of our slicks on approach. I have many pictures from my days in Nam but ones such as yours where the helicopter is seen from the LZ are rare. If you have more pictures especially of our Bikini birds, I would love to be able to add them to my collection.
Respectfully,
Ron Sanders - 170th AHC 1969-70
bluflt69ce@comcast.net