Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Photo of Me & Tommy Routh During Christmas in Tuy Hoa RVN 1966

Click On The Image To Enlarge %

I still remember our Christmas in Tuy Hoa, RVN. They brought us in from the Jungle Bush so we could enjoy our Christmas. I still remember how good the hot showers felt, the hot meals and the clean clothes. Oh, and the COT that we could sleep on and the wonderful FULL nights sleep without having to pull Ambush Patrol or Listening Post Duty!!!!! You know, we shared all of our goodies with all of our fellow soldiers. You may have heard the Term "THE BAND OF BROTHERS". Well it is true. We were all that we had. You had to learn to trust each other especially during your 2 hours shift of sleep during the nights. The can near my right foot was a gift from Annette (Ervin) Quillen. I remember her sending me all that wonderful homemade candy while I was over there.

No comments: