Monday, January 22, 2007

Photo Of Me


Click on The Image To Enlarge %

If my memory hasn't failed me this photo was made in the Central Highlands. I remember us finding this old NVA Camp. For some reason or another our higher ups decided that we should spend the night in this present location. We immediately started to dig in for the night. I remember playing cards with my fellow men. Some of our men started cutting an LZ for the supply by Choppers. Then all of a sudden it all happened. Two of our own Hunter/Killer gunships saw us on the ground and immediately assumed that we were the enemy (NVA). They started working us over, I mean their Rockets and Mini Gatling Guns etc. I still remember the bullets kicking up the dirt in our faces. We were all in shock that our people had declared WAR on us. After the 2nd pass, I had my M60 Machine Gun ready for them but luckily there wasn't a 3rd pass. They must have received one of our radio calls that were attacking FRIENDLIES. The best that I remember we had about 6-8 casualties that day by our own forces

No comments: