Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Photo From Brother Ed Pippin

Click On The Photo To Enlarge %

This photo was given to me by Brother Ed Pippin. The photo is of a shot down Huey Slick Helicopter. If I'm not mistaken it was a resupply slick and was shot down while resupplying my company "B" during the Battle for Dak To by a NVA B-40 rocket round. I was @ Dragon Mountain, our main division base camp in Pleiku waiting for my departure from that war. I think the term was DEROS. I remember hearing about this battle with the notorious NVA 11/11/1967, just 9 days before my departure


We lost 18 brave men in this battle from my company. I do not have the figures of WIA. Brother Ed Pippin received a serious wound in this battle. I don't have the figures but I'd say most of these boys had less than 3 months in country!
You can read all this battle @ the following Link!

No comments: