Monday, January 15, 2007

Photo of Our Close Allies, The Montagnard People (Dega People)

Click On The Image To Enlarge %

This photo was given to me by my good friend Doc Kurt Nagl. They were great Allies to us. They were Polynesian and not Asian.. They inhabited the Central Highlands of South Vietnam many centuries ago. They migrated from India. I have an original Montagnard friendship Bracelet that a little Montagnard girl gave me for sharing some of my C-rations with her. I will cherish her Bracelet forever. I have a modern bracelet that I wear to commemorate my friendship with these people. They were greatly persecuted by both the NVA and the VC because they supported us. You know what, we pulled out of Viet Nam and left them to defend themselves. I have read all kinds of harrow stories about them after we pulled out. Only now are we starting to bring them home to us in N.C. I am supplying a link for your convenience.
http://www.dhhs.state.nc.us/montagnard.htm.

No comments: